MDXViewer First Generation Product
MDX LIFESCIENCES has developed a monitoring system that analyze, in real time, the physiological activities at the tissue level integrated with systemic vital signs. MDX LIFESCIENCES have a unique FDA clearance for a device monitoring NADH in patients.
MDXViewer (MXV) – MDX LIFESCIENCES first generation product is a patient monitoring system providing real-time continuous information via four physiological parameters, sensed at the tissue level, reflecting the patient’s systemic metabolic state.
MDXViewer is an adjunctive bedside patient monitoring device to be applied in intensive care, operating suits and emergency care settings, providing:
- Early identification / warning of the body’s critical metabolic imbalances or Tissue Metabolic Score of a patient
- A sensitive therapy titration tissue based monitor and as end point of resuscitation.
MDXViewer illuminates tissue by low power light and detects light that is subsequently emitted from the tissue. The light is guided to the tissue by a bundle of flexible optical fibers and emitted from the tissue both by reflection and fluorescence.The emitted light from the tissue is analyzed by various detectors and the signals are transferred to the monitor’s central processing unit .
The MDXViewer device consists of three components:.
- Main unit: contains the light sources, optical detectors and the main signal processing components.
- Monitor unit: displays the tissue monitored parameters and contains the MDXViewer operating user interface.
- Probe accessory: containes the optical sensing flexible fiber bundle, connected to the main unit through an optical connector. The probe is integrated into an adapted 3 way urinary (Foley) catheter.
MDXViewer In Use
Urethral wall oxygen balance, representing the less vital organs, can be used as an indicator to the systemic overall metabolic homeostasis through monitoring via MDXViewer.
Monitoring and analysis of urethral wall oxygen balance using MDXViewer